Many people plan for significant life events such as birthdays, weddings anniversaries, and even vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed, it also prevents emotional overspending in a time of sorrow. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral will undoubtably be one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plans that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral, you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial, Entombment and Cremation options, as well as your casket or cremation container and urn.
- Create a meaningful service that will reflect the beliefs and values of you and your family.
- Select a funeral home to help you create this.
- Designate your pallbearers, and pick any music, readings and video tributes that you want incorporated into the service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone, pre-planning gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind in this time of crisis.
- Pre-planning gives your loved one’s some direction of your wants and desires.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and we’re here to help.